Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Stupid Computers!




So I did this thing this morning with my kids. We put colored duct tape on the floor and made a kind of board game thing out of it. It was very fun! Good quality time with my babies!
I took a picture and I had a beautiful thought about quality time with your kids… what it is and what it isn’t. How to achieve it and how to stop beating yourself up for not having time to do it! I sat down while my kids were resting from out workout on the game board to write my post all about it and after nine minutes of inspired and thoughtful non-stop typing, I went to click save on my computer before I posted the thing to my blog here.
Wouldn’t you know it? I clicked save and the program crashed… I start freaking out! It’s gone! I’ve typed my fingers off for nearly 10 minutes and now it’s gone because I saved it before copy/pasting it to blogger? Are you KIDDING ME!?
So I take a deep breath and think, someone must have a solution! Google to the rescue! Turns out someone had something to say on the matter.
There is a way to recover unsaved documents in MS Word 2010. Thank heaven! So I follow the handy dandy steps to find my document and it isn’t there. Sad face. I read on to find out that the auto save time is every ten minutes. 10! So since I tried to save it at just after 9 minutes instead, I’m out of luck. I changed the option from 10 minutes down to 2 minutes. Because, well, that’s just crap!
I digress…
Quality time with the kiddos will have to wait for another day when I find the energy and new motivation to retype what was lost and not to throw my computer out the window from the 2nd story just to see what happens. Until then, here is our game and please find the rules below. Enjoy! :)

Indoor Tag or Swamp Monster!!!
Board Setup - Tape squares onto the floor, at least 2 more squares than people playing, more is fine but no less in a circular(ish) pattern. Then connect these squares with a straight piece of tape to connect them all. These squares are safe squares.
Tape another square just inside your circle unrecognizable shape and between 2 of the other squares. Then connect that square to the line closest to it. The Square inside the shape is the start square.
 Game Play – Decide who’s “it”. That person is the swamp monster. The other players each stand inside a different safe square. 2 players are never allowed to stand in the same safe square. The players walk on the line from square to square sporadically in any direction at any time during game play. Players must always be on the line or in a square.
Object – The swamp monster tries to tag a player while on the line or cause a player to fall off the line into the swamp (onto the unmarked floor). If this happens, that player is the new swamp monster. The previous swamp monster then runs to the start square and must immediately follow the line to a safe square. If the new swamp monster can tag the old swamp monster before he reaches a safe square the old swamp monster remains “it” and the other player can enter the nearest available safe square without the need to begin at “Start”.

No comments:

Post a Comment